Lake View Charter School is a tuition-free, public charter school serving transitional kindergarten through 12th grade students in Glenn, Butte, Lake, Mendocino, and Tehama Counties. We take great pride in being able to offer our students flexible personalized learning experiences through our many unique and dynamic programs.
The mission of Lake View Charter School is to develop the individual gifts of students in Glenn County and adjacent counties to become proficient in Common Core State Standards and become critical thinkers, responsible citizens and innovative leaders prepared for academic and real-life achievement in the 21st Century. The mission will be accomplished in a personalized environment that fosters successful achievement through quality, personalized, standards-based education, which could include online coursework, offline textbook work, and unique hands-on and experiential learning experiences facilitated in partnership with students, parents, staff, and community.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
At Lake View Charter School, we have goals for our students that are known as Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs). SLOs are a part of our school culture: they reflect our school vision, the College and Career Readiness standards, and the education of the whole child.
Lake View Students Are:
- Navigators of the Digital World - Navigators of the digital world who are proficient in the use of technology, media, and online resources.
- Self-Directed - Self-directed and motivated students who are able to set attainable goals to achieve academic success.
- Personalized Learners - Personalized learners who are able to thrive in the style of education that best fits their individual needs.
- Independent Critical Thinkers - Independent critical thinkers who have the ability to problem solve, take ownership, and apply their knowledge to a variety of problems.
- Responsible Citizens - Responsible citizens who demonstrate integrity and respect while actively seeking knowledge of local and global issues.
- Effective Communicators - Effective communicators who can thoughtfully articulate their thinking with confidence while collaborating with peers.
We are thrilled to have you join Lake View Charter School! We take great pride in being able to offer our students flexible individualized learning experiences through our many unique programs. Regardless of how or where you have chosen to educate your child, it is our hope that you will find amazing resources, school contacts, and local support of value to you and your family.
We are here to support and inspire community within our school and all families on an educational journey with their children. We would like to hear from you to ensure the website continues to be both relevant and valuable. Click here to share your thoughts, ideas, and questions with us!
Thank you for choosing Lake View Charter School.
Executive Director, Lake View Charter School